Hi, I have an assignment to write 2 pages (form 500 words to 600) on a business that you have observed and / or have experience with.... that you find interesting. The following provide some thoughts for you to consider:
· The business may be from any industry vertical of your choice (e.g. manufacturing / product related, service related, process related, transportation, medical, education. etc). The business may be of any size, from any field, from a recent start up...to an established enterprise.
· You may wish to consider a business entity that you have have enjoyed a positive experience. Of course, you are free to choose a business entity that you may have had a poor experience with as well.
· If you wish, you may wish to choose a business that you may have worked for in the past (vis a vis...this option would afford considerable insights...given your former employee status).
· In your homework assignment, please provide an input as if you were a consultant....providing a brief overview of the business and a brief synopsis of what you believe contributes to their positive (or negative) performance.
· Please endeavor to cite your input with respect to Systems Engineering tenets.
The following is provided as an illustrative example for this assignment. From my perspective an interesting "service related business" is the Automobile Club of Southern California (AAA). This business was initiated to meet a need for emergency road side assistance in the early days of automobile motoring. Over time, they expanded their services to include: emergency roadside assistance, road trip planning, California Department of Motor Vehicle registration services, automobile inspection clinics, automobile insurance, boat insurance, homeowner insurance, legislative advocacy for transportation related initiatives, and the relatively recent advent of traditional travel agency services. In general, this business is somewhat unique in that it is "member owned" similar to a credit union (vis a vis..AAA does not have the profit motives of a typical investor owned company....of course, it must function prudently in order to continue it's operations). The leadership of this company appears to take great care in designing service processes....with a keen eye toward service excellence. They develop very detailed processes for all their service offerings and potential customer transactions...documenting potential options and appropriate courses of action(s) to lead to a positive outcome for the member. Over the four decades of my membership with AAA, I've found that all interactions with a AAA representative begin with a positive greeting "....Hello, how may I help you...."....the representatives are trained to successxfully execute the appropriate processes they are responsible for..... process metrics and employed affording appropriate management oversight / coaching to be employed. I found it interesting that in the days preceding the current computer age...AAA even went to great lengths to train their employees on the clarity of their handwriting....such that errors in communications could be mitigated in manual forms. AAA also maintains an effective customer communications program via e-mail inputs, web-sites, as well as a monthly periodical magazine provided to their members (i.e. "Westways"). Thus, they may or may not recognize Systems Engineering as a foundation for their success.....however, their actions employ the key tenets of this discipline (e.g. requirements synthesis, requirements validation, design, verification, risk identification / risk portfolio management, communications, et al.
1- Please, No GRAMMER MISTAKES.
2- Grading Criteria
· Proper spelling
· Subject-verb agreement
· Word choice—did you use the correct word and demonstrate that you have a grasp on tone and language?
o All papers must be in Times New Roman font, size 12. ( Just two pages no more than two)
o One inch margins
o Approximately 500-600 words
o Avoid slang and colloquial phrases
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||03/16/2015 12:00 pm