The assessment for this module is a 3500 word mixed media case study which encompasses all the learning outcomes of the module.
For your assignment you will be required to do the following:
1) Choose a country upon which you will base a case study.
2) Within the case study, critically discuss patterns of crime and the development of social control in your chosen country. To do this you may need to look at the ‘bigger picture’ and include information about the nature of government using aspects of history and the type of constitution or political influences within the area to provide context. You may also consider how political bias may impact on crime and criminalise certain groups within the country, or how human rights might be adversly affected.This may provide you with an opportunity to explain, (where relevant), how criminologists and criminal justice practitioners have influenced the criminal justice process in your chosen area. Consider aspects of global policy transfer where necessary.
3) Explain how international law, (instruments) have influenced (or not) the development of criminal justice in the area.
4) Look at and define the meaning of State Crime and critically discuss this in relation to your chosen country.
Dont forget the the Learning outcomes are as follows:
· Critically discuss the patterns of crime and developments of social control from an international perspective incorporating the influence where relevant of criminologists and criminal justice practitioners
· Summarise the role of international instruments in determining criminal justice policies
· Identify and critically discuss the meaning and nature of state crime
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||03/19/2015 12:00 pm