The student will present a proposal for in-depth research of a defined, specialized area with the ultrasound profession.
- Topics: adult echocardiography.
- The paper must be a minimum of 15 full pages in length, not including the cover page and reference page. The paper should be double spaced.
- Paper to include abstract, keywords and an outline.
- The student should include 5-10 references. The references must be no more than 5 years old.
- The student should demonstrate a broad knowledge of the concept. The student is to obtain approval for the topic of choice from the course faculty prior to beginning the paper.
- All papers must follow JDMS format and will be graded based on the document, Evaluation of Written Work, located in the Reference Documents folder.
- Papers should be typed using MS Word.
- Assignments are due on the dates specific to each folder as indicated. No exceptions will be granted without prior permission. Additional information about the JDMS writing headings are included in the document, Course Writing Instructions, posted in the Reference Documents folder.
- Additional information about the JDMS writing headings are included in the document, Course Writing Instructions, posted in the Reference Documents folder.
Research paper on chosen sonographic specialty should include:
- Benefits and limitations of the sonographic specialty /li>
- Impact of the specialty on the ultrasound profession and diagnostic imaging
- Impact of the specialty on the patient
- The accessibility and feasibility of the sonographic specialty
Suggested research resources:
- Professional journals concentrating on sonography journals
- Medical libraries at your local hospital
- Sonographers in your chosen specialty
- Suggested websites:
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||03/23/2015 05:00 pm