Using the project report from W1 Assignment 3, complete the following tasks by adding 2- to 3-pages to your existing report:
- Modify and correct the plan created in W1 Assignment 3 to accommodate suggestions and recommendations from your instructor and your own changes based on the readings and activities for this week. Color code your changes and additions so that the changes are easy to identify.
- Recommend a mechanism that will implement user authentication before an employee can log on to the network.
- Recommend a method to secure the computers in the accounts department. This should prevent users outside of the accounting group from accessing these machines.
- Recommend a method for enabling only the users in a department to access the department folder on the file server.
- Recommend an OS for the servers and for the workstations (these may be different OSs and subgroups may need different machines as well). Describe how each of the OSs chosen will be updated and patched. Justify your choice based on the security of the OS along with cost considerations.
- Describe the implementation process and timeline for your recommendations. Try to give as reasonable a timeline as possible.
- Create a section of your report for verifying the implementation of the security recommendations. This should include testing activities to make sure the security system is working properly. An example of this would be using an intentionally incorrect password to make sure the system does not allow the login.
Support your responses with appropriate research, reasoning, and examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||03/22/2015 12:00 am