For this assignment, you will write a paper about the topic you have chosen from the list below.
1. Choose one topic from the following list-
• We only use 10% of our brains.
• “Opposites attract” or “birds of a feather flock together”
• You can tell how accurate a witness is by noting how confident they seem – looking you in the eye and not stammering, etc.
• Eating candy will make you hyperactive.
• “Familiarity breeds contempt” or “absence makes the heart grow fonder” (you do not have to do both)
• Some people are “right-brained” and others are “left-brained”
• If you don’t express your anger, you will “explode” (become violent in some way)
• People tend to behave oddly during a full moon.
• People who eat healthy foods are less likely to be generous
• Men are better at math than women
2. Before doing any research, state your “intuitive reaction” to the topic- Do you think that this is this a myth or fact?Explain (honestly) why you believe the way you do. (1-2 paragraphs)
3. Now, do some research on the selected topic. Find at least 2 journal references (3 if you also use Wikipedia).At least one should be from a peer-reviewed journal. A good place to start is at the IU Libraries website. Click on the OneSearch link.
4. Now, explain why this topic is actually correct or incorrect (2- 3 pages, complete sentences, references to the articles you found) according to the data. Make sure to include a summary paragraph.
6. Print and turn in your copy to Dr. Watson or upload to Oncourse assignments. (The final paper should be approx. 3 pages, not counting the References page [or cover sheet, if you used one]).
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||04/02/2015 05:30 am