For this assignment, please answer the following questions:
- Gravity on the surface of the Moon is only 1/6 as strong as gravity on the surface of the Earth.
- What is the weight of a 10-kg object on the Moon compared to its weight on Earth? What is the mass the object on Earth?
- Which requires less fuel, launching a rocket from the Moon or from the Earth? Explain.
- Explain conservation of energy. How is it applied to an object in free fall from a height h to the ground?
- On a playground slide, a child has potential energy that decreases by 1000 J while her kinetic energy increases by only 900 J. How much energy is missing and where did it go?
- A projectile fired horizontally over level ground falls to the ground in 2 s. If it had been fired with twice the speed in the same horizontal direction, it would also have hit the ground in 2 s. Explain why.
- If the frequency of sound in air is doubled, what change will occur in its speed? In its wavelength?
- This question is about the Doppler Effect where a listener hears the sound emitted by a distant source. We want to figure out how the frequency fL of the sound heard by the listener is changed under different situations. Complete the following answers by inserting, at the end of the sentence, one of these three possible words or group of words: decrease, increase, orstay the same.
- If both source and listener are fixed, fL will ------- .
- If both source and listener are moving at the same speed and in the same direction, fLwill ------- .
- If the source and the listener are moving toward each other, fL will ------- .
- If the source and the listener are moving away from each other, fLwill ------- .
- If the listener is following the moving source but at a slower pace, fL will -------- .
PLEASE ANSWSER EACH QUESTION SEPARATELY!
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||05/25/2013 12:00 am