Topic: Are more emergency preparedness measures needed for Atlanta to anticipate inclement winter weather and prevent the gridlock the city endured in January 2014?
- You must provide information from both sides of the argument, but your essay should take a side and explain why your choice is the best option.
- Consider who your audience will be. Are you informing the public of the issue? Are you appealing to a governing body to take your side? Are you informing a specific group in hopes of gaining their support for your cause? Take your audience into consideration when formulating your approach.
- Second person narration is not allowed for this essay.
- Since you need to know how to write longer essays for other classes, this essay cannot be a 5 –paragraph style essay. You must be able to expand on that style of essay to write longer and more complex essays. This essay must be between 750 and 1,000 words. Anything under or over this limit will be penalized.
- Transitions and linking ideas (organizational styles) are very important for this essay.
- Introductions and conclusions are also important.
- Be mindful of your target audience when writing.
- Must have a minimum of two GALILEO sources. They may all be from the same database (such as Opposing Viewpoints or Academic Search Premier).
- Must have a minimum of two other online sources; however, they must be from reputable sources (such as Mothers Against Drunk Driving as opposed to someone’s homepage). Note that Wikipedia is NOT a reputable online source and will not be accepted in this essay. Dictionary definitions and Encyclopedia references are also unacceptable.
- You may use other credible, legitimate sources as well, as long as you have two GALILEO and two online sources.
- There must be a balance of information from all four sources, and that information must also be balanced throughout the essay. In essay 2, we discussed the importance of providing a balance of information.
- Proper format for MLA parenthetical citations is required.
- Proper format for quotations is also required for this essay.
- The Works Cited page must be in correct MLA format. Remember that a Works Cited page is not the same as an Annotated Bibliography, which you will have to also submit for this essay. Learn the difference and submit the correct document at the proper time.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||04/21/2015 08:00 am