I want to write small essay about one of these two topics below, at least 10 sentences. I won't take more than 20 $
In class we discussed several classes of drugs - antipyretics, anti-inflammatories, analgesics, antibiotics, etc. We also discusses their mode of action, or how they achieved the therapeutic effect. In addition, we discussed herbal remedies that are available on the market
For this chapter, you have two choices:
A. Look up a drug not specifically named in the chapter (e.g., statins for controlling cholesterol, drugs for hyperthyroidism, etc.). Find out as much as you can about the following:
1. structure - include molecular formula, information about isomers and chirality.
2. mode of action - does it inhibit a specific biochemical process or pathway, or deactivate bacterial reproduction (if appropriate), etc.
3. Is it under patent? If so, when does the patent expire? If already expired, are there generics available.
B. Do some research on an herbal remedy (either one mentioned in the chapter (other than Ephedra) or one of your own choosing). In your discussion include:
1. The history of the herbal remedy - how did its use as a folk remedy evolve.
2. The "active" ingredient that is believed to be responsible for the therapeutic effect.
3. Any negative side effects that ay have been associated with use of this product
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||04/27/2015 12:00 am