- Shown in the following table are the reported annual deaths of males aged 75 or over from 1 of the 5 leading types of cancer:
For a randomly selected deceased male cancer victim, what is the probability that
- he died of 1 of the 2 primary causes?
- He died of cancer of either the stomach or the pancreas?
- He did not die of lung cancer?
- Out of every 100 cars that start in the Maryland Grand Prix race, only 60 finish. Two cars are entered by the UMUC team in this year’s race.
- What is the probability that both will finish?
- What is the probability that neither of UMUC’s 2 cars will finish the grand prix?
- A review of the records at Lander Community College revealed the following ethnic breakdown of the student population:
Native American 60
- What is the probability that a randomly selected student is either
Caucasian or Black?
- What is the probability that the selected student is not a member of either
of the two largest categories?
- The area under the standard normal distribution between -1.5 and 1.5 is
- None of the above
- The lengths of time bank customers must wait for a teller are normally distributed, with a mean of 3 minutes and a standard deviation of 1 minute.
- What proportion of bank customers waits between 3 and 4.5 minutes
- What percentage wait more than 4 minutes?
- What proportion waits between 2 and 3.5 minutes?
- What percentage wait less than 1 minute?
- To estimate the medical charges for an appendectomy Blue Star Insurance has data from a random sample of 70 patients. The sample mean cost is $510, with a sample standard deviation of $70.
- Construct a 95% confidence interval for the population mean cost.
We are 95% confident that the populations mean costs of patients’ medical charges for an appendectomy through Blue Star Insurance range is between ??? and ???
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||04/26/2015 12:00 pm