This is exercise is about the 2016 Presidential Election and will help you understand political polls and the Electoral College.
Go to this website:Ã‚Â Ã‚Â www.270towin.com
Click on POLLS. Then click on 2016 General Election Polls. Then click on 2016Ã‚Â Presidential Election Polls; Possible Matchups.Ã‚Â
Choose the 3 MOST RECENT POLLS pitting Hilary Clinton vs. 3 DIFFERENT REPUBLICANS, using three different polls (meaning polling instruments, e.g., CNN, Quinnipiac, NBC, etc.).Ã‚Â Name the polling instrument and provide the date.Ã‚Â So, for hypothetical example:
Choose three polls ( the most current ones) Standard number of individuals being interviewed should be 1000.Ã‚Â Pick the polls who have 1000+ interviewees.Ã‚Â Standard Margin of Error has to be +/-3% .Ã‚Â ThereforeABC News/Washington PostÃ‚Â is not a good choice.
ABC News/Washington Post
843 RV +/- 4%
Best choice would be
1,623 RV +/- 2.4%
Second best choice will be: Which has 1,011 RV and +/-3%
Third best Choice is : Which has 1009 individuals being interviewed and +/-3%
1,009 RV +/- 3%
Ã‚Â Next choice is Quinnipiac with 1623 individuals being interviewed and a margin of error of +/-2.4%. Ã‚Â Looking at the number of individuals interviewed and the margin of error this could be a good choice:
1,623 RV +/- 2.4%
Clinton VS. Paul Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â 46% to 41% ( Clinton 46% and Paul 41%)
Clinton VS. BushÃ‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â 46% to 41%Ã‚Â (Clinton 46% and Bush 41%)
Clinton VS. HukabeeÃ‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â 46% to 41%Ã‚Â (Clinton 46% and Hukabee 41%)
Clinton VS. Ryan Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â 46% t0 42%Ã‚Â (Clinton 46% and Ryan 42%)Ã‚Â Ã‚Â
Clinton VS. Ramney Ã‚Â Ã‚Â 44% to 45%Ã‚Â (Clinton 44% and Romney 45%)
Clinton VS. Cruz Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â 48% to 37% (Clinton 48% and Cruz 37%)
Clinton VS. Christie Ã‚Â Ã‚Â 43% to 42% (Clinton 43% and Christie 42%)
Please note that all your answer should be in an essay format (MLA Style)
Introduction, body and conclusion.
According to these polls:
- Does Hilary Clinton lose toÃ‚Â anyÃ‚Â of the listed Republican candidates?Ã‚Â Ã‚Â Ã‚Â
- Who would be the Ã¢â‚¬Å“bestÃ¢â‚¬Â Republican candidate to face Ms. Clinton?
- Who would the Ã¢â‚¬Å“weakestÃ¢â‚¬Â Republican to face Ms. Clinton?
- Which poll is more statistically accurate overall? EXPLAIN WhyÃ‚Â
- Given the 2012 Electoral College results (see the map on the home page of the website), which party has an advantage in the 2016 Presidential Election? Why?Ã‚Â
- Please respond to these questions in essay format, and submit via eCampus.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||05/11/2015 12:00 pm