Do not copy one from online. Pick whichever topic you want from below and make a brochure. Be creative.
You will develop a 1 to 2 page handout describing the basic information that clients, parents, and/or teachers should know about this topic. You must use language appropriate for a layperson that is not a specialist in audiology or speech-language pathology. Make it look like a brochure. Pick a topic from here and make a brochure. Do not copy one from online.
· Public laws that affect people with hearing loss
· Organizations for people with hearing loss (what is the name of the group, how do you contact them, who is their target audience?) Must be detailed, not just a list.
· The team approach to audiologic rehabilitation (various professional and their roles)
· Deaf culture
· The effects of hearing loss on speech understanding
· Auditory/Verbal Approach
· Auditory/Oral Approach
· Total Communication Approach
· Bilingual/Bicultural Approach
· Cued Speech
· Differences between sign language systems
· How to make speech reading most efficient
· Psychosocial effects of hearing loss in children
· Psychosocial effects of hearing loss in adults
· Effects of hearing loss on academic performance in school-aged children
· Types of hearing aids
· Cleaning and maintaining hearing aids
· Hearing aid batteries (size, cost, how long they last, which hearing aids use which batteries)
· Choosing special amplification systems (FM, loop, infrared) for children
· Choosing special amplification systems (FM, loop, infrared) for adults
· Who is a candidate for a cochlear implant?
· Educational placements for children with hearing loss
· Tips for best communication in a noisy restaurant
· Tips for arranging living room furniture for optimal communication
· Devices to assist the deaf on the telephone
· Devices to assist the hard of hearing on the telephone
· What are the different kinds of cochlear implants?
· What can I expect from my child’s cochlear implant?
· The Ling sound test – Why is it important?
· How to audiologists help people with hearing loss?
|Due By (Pacific Time)||06/03/2013 11:59 pm|
out of 1971 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 1164 reviews
out of 721 reviews
out of 1600 reviews
out of 770 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 680 reviews