ssignment Objectives: Construct a scatter plot for two variables, compute a correlation coefficient, and a regression equation. Use the regression equation to predict a value of the dependent variable.
Purpose: In this week's assignment, we will use our height/length of foot data from week 2 to calculate and interpret the correlation coefficient. We also find a regression equation and use it to predict length of foot based on height.
Assignment Description: This week we will use the data collected in week one for height and length of foot. We will determine whether there is a significant relationship between the two variables.
1. Create a scatter plot for height and length of foot. We will assume here that height influences length of foot so height will be the independent variable. Does it appear from the plot that there is a relationship between the two variables? What type of relationship would that be?
2. Using Excel, calculate the correlation coefficient, r, for the two variables. How would you interpret this measure?
3. What would be the hypotheses to test this relationship? Is the relationship significant? You can use Table I in your book to determine significance.
4. Using Excel, find the regression equation to predict length of foot using height. Write it in slope-intercept format.
5. Use the regression equation to predict a foot length for a height of 62 inches.
Parameters: Each question will be worth 10 points. Should submit a professional document answering the questions and an Excel sheet with any calculations and graphs.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||06/15/2015 06:00 am