UVENILE JUSTICE – ASSIGNMENT 2
Direction: Answer each question below using your textbook as the only source. Incorporate the questions into the answers and do not write your answers verbatim from the textbook. Any deviations from the instructions will result in points being deducted from your overall grade.
1. Explain the debate between determinism and free will. What is the Deterministic View?
2. What is the difference between the Rational Choice Theory and the Reinforcement Theory?
3. Briefly discuss the Social Structural Theories: Social Disorganization Theory, Cultural Deviance Theory and the Strain Theory.
4. Discuss the Social Process Theories: Containment Theory, Differential Association Theory and the Social Control Theory.
5. How is the Classical School of Criminology similar to the Rational Choice Theory?
6. Explain Cesare Lombroso’s Theory of Biological Positivism.
7. What is the psychoanalytic explanation of criminal behavior?
1. What are Juveniles’ attitudes toward the police?
2. Briefly discuss how police discretion affects the police response to juveniles?
3. How do police process juveniles?
4. What legal rights do juveniles have with the police?
a. On the streets?
b. In vehicles?
c. At home?
d. In school?
e. Interrogation and Confession?
f. Fingerprinting, lineups and photographs?
6. What is Restorative Justice Policing?
1. In 100 words or more briefly discuss the juvenile cases listed below.
a. Kent v. United States
b. In re Galt
c. In re Winship
d. Breed v. Jones
2. Explain how the deinstitutionalization of status offenders have impacted the juvenile justice system.
3. Describe the major players in the juvenile court system.
4. In detail, explain the pretrial procedures of the juvenile court.
|Due By (Pacific Time)||06/07/2013 05:00 pm|
out of 1971 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 1164 reviews
out of 721 reviews
out of 1600 reviews
out of 770 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 680 reviews