Case Study #1: Planning and Organizing
A management plan is a model that demonstrates how an organization operates on a day-to-day basis as well as over the long run. A management plan includes numerous sections that cover various aspects of the business.
In this assignment students will take the role of the consultant creating a mini-management plan that focuses on those aspects of the business related to planning and organizing. The management plan is a report and as a consultant you are required to help Joseph Jackson, the leader of Cyber Software, Inc., solve his organizational problems. The mini-management plan is a professionally written document that will be given to Joseph Jackson. In writing the plan, you must use the terminology learned in the course. As a consultant, you are not defining terms using a dictionary but you must explain and describe concepts and ideas so Joseph Jackson understands what you mean and how to implement the plan. The plan is not one in which the consultant tells Joseph Jackson that he should do this or do that or he needs to do this or do that but present in an action-oriented manner./Students are expected to make connections between the facts of the case study and concepts, theories, and ideas presented in the course material.
The mini-management plan will structure the entire company and will cover Joseph Jackson’s organization’s mission, vision, structure and culture.
Students will read the case study provided that focuses on the planning and organizing and respond to the following requirements.
Resource that will help you develop the mini-management plan:
How to Make a Management Plan
Management Plan Example
Required Elements to Include in the Management Plan:
- Write from a consultant’s perspective;
- Use at least three references from the course material and at least three outside resources.
- Provide a brief management history of Cyber Software, Inc.;
- Create mission and vision statements that align with what Joseph Jackson envisions for his company;
- Discuss why the mission and vision statements are appropriate for Cyber Software, Inc.;
- Discuss other aspects of the planning phase that impacts Cyber Software, Inc.;
- Create an organizational structure that aligns with the vision of Joseph Jackson
- Structure the entire company;
- Explain why the structure is the most appropriate structure for Cyber Software, Inc.;
- Discuss why other structures are not appropriate;
- Illustrate the structure with an organizational chart with names, job titles, and direct reports;
- Create an organizational culture that aligns with the vision of Joseph Jackson and his new organization structure;
- How will the new organizational structure and culture affect the planning and organizing facet of Joe’s business and prevent future mishaps;
Required Formatting of the Management Plan:
- This management plan should be presented in a professional manner using single space, double-spaced between paragraphs.
- 5-7 pages in length excluding the title page and reference page.
- Title page with your name, the course name, the date, and the instructor’s name.
- The use of headings is required;
- Use APA formatting for in-text citations and reference page. You are expected to paraphrase and not use quotes other than in identifying the mission statement and vision statement.
- In citing sources, the page number/paragraph of the cited source must be provided;
- Write in the third person as the consultant;
- Submit paper in the Assignment Folder.