Select one of the following topics and a write a 300-word response.
1. Describe the state of the US Economy for the years between 2006 and 2014 in terms of macroeconomic measures discussed in the course (GDP, unemployment and inflation rates). Use data from the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), http://www.recovery.gov, and other government agencies and departments such as Department of Labor (Bureau of Labor Statistics), Department of Commerce (Bureau of Economic Analysis), etc
2. As discussed in the course, the U.S. Economy passed through what has now come to be known as 'The Great Recession'. The government and the Federal Reserve responded with different fiscal and monetary policies. Identify these Monetary and Fiscal policies implemented by the Federal Reserve and the government to deal with the recession. Evaluate the expected and actual effects of each policy. Your response needs to include the name of the policy, description of the policy, the year it is implemented, and discussion of expected and actual outcomes in terms of the GDP, unemployment and inflation rates.
- 300 – 350 words long (not including title and reference)
- Use at least 2 academic papers from credible sources to support your ideas (avoid sites such as wikipedia, investopedia, ehow, yahoo answers, etc)
- APA-formatted in-text citations and a list of references reference page (identify all items taken from other sources. Read DCCCD's policy on plagiarism)
- This is a research paper
- limit personal opinions on the issues
- Do not copy and paste basic definitions of concepts from the text or other places – show the applications of these concepts in the real world
- The major portion of the paper needs to be written in your own words