For your research paper approval, please submit the following in paragraph form:
- Topic of your research paper and the reason for choosing it
- What sources you plan on using for your research
- Approximate time table for completing the research, connecting the course concepts and creating a rough draft
Choosing a research topic:
- Choose a topic that relates to organizational behavioral and is something you wish to learn more about.
Note: Excellent subject choices are represented by the textbook chapter titles with some narrowing of the topic to make it more manageable. For example,
if you decided to research and write about organizational culture, you may want to narrow it to “Organizational Culture in the Automobile Industry”.
Important information and instructions:
- A minimum of 5 full pages not including the title page and reference page.
- A minimum of 4 peer-reviewed sources must be cited in the text of the paper. The textbook cannot be used as a reference for this paper.
- See the link to the Florida SouthWestern State College Library Research Tutorial. Be sure to review how to find peer-reviewed (scholarly) articles.
- The paper must be written in third person.
- When writing the paper, please remember that direct quotes are NOT permitted.
- The paper should have one-inch margins all the way around.
- Be sure to include page numbers and the appropriate heading in the header of the document.
- Twelve point, Times New Roman font is required for all sections including the heading, page numbering, and the reference entries.
- Accurate In-text citations must be included.
- Carefully review your paper for spelling, grammatical, and writing style errors. See the “Grammar Tips Handout” in the Course Resources section on the course homepage. Do not use contractions (e.g. isn’t, wasn’t, can’t, etc.), a scholarly written paper “reads” nicer without them and your professor asks that you do not use them.
- Submit the assignment electronically in Canvas as an attachment. Emailed assignments will not be accepted.
- WARNING. Check attachments to make sure that the file name is not followed by .lnk. This is a link to the document on your computer and I am not able to open files on your computer. Students submitting links to files on their computers will receive a zero for the assignment. No exceptions.
This is a general overview of what elements I will be looking for when grading your paper:
- APA documentation and formatting style used appropriately (including in-text citations, reference entries, and format).
- Paper format and length (100 points will be deducted for each page that the paper is short of the 5 page requirement).
- Articles and discussion addressing the topic
- Spelling, grammar, and writing style
Students who plagiarize will receive a zero for the assignment and may be referred to the Dean's office.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||08/07/2015 10:00 am