Primary Discussion Response is due by Wednesday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Sunday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
The body has approximately 206 bones. You are asked to explain how nutrition and activity can affect bone health. Answer the following questions, using at least one scholarly reference (and a corresponding in-text citation):
- What are some of the long bones that are found in the upper and lower extremities?
- What are 2 examples of types of flat bones in the body?
- What are some ways to maintain skeletal health and prevent bone loss?
- How does weight-bearing exercise affect the skeletal system?
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate's posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates' postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||07/15/2015 6:00 PM