Primary Discussion Response is due by Wednesday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Sunday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
You have been asked to educate patients in a nursing home about the muscular system. Answer the following questions, with at least 1 scholarly reference and citation included:
- Which lower extremity muscles are utilized during standing and walking?
- What changes are occurring to the muscular system as a person enters late adulthood?
- How can muscle changes affect the fall risk in older adults?
- What are ways to prevent muscle loss or maintain muscular strength as people age?
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate's posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates' postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.