Step one is where I am stuck. I hace the rest of the paper done. HEEEEELP!!!!!
t Tests (Due Week 5)
Note: You must complete the minimum requirements for the discussion, "Null and Alternative Hypotheses," before submitting this assignment.
Before completing this assignment:
- Complete the related activities in the CogBooks tool.
- Read the pdf, "t Tests," located in the assignment Resources section.
- Read the Word document, "t test Assignment Resources," located in the assignment Resources section.
- Refer to the IBM SPSS and DAA Step-by-Step guides for help in completing the assignment.
You will analyze the following variables in the grades.sav data set:
Step 1: Write Section 1 of the DAA
- Provide a context of the grades.sav data set.
- Include a definition of the specified variables (predictor, outcome) and corresponding scales of measurement.
- Specify the sample size of the data set.
Step 2: Write Section 2 of the DAA
- Analyze the assumptions of the t test.
- Paste the SPSS histogram output for gpa and discuss your visual interpretations.
- Paste SPSS descriptives output showing skewness and kurtosis values for gpa and interpret them.
- Paste SPSS output for the Shapiro-Wilk test of gpa and interpret it.
- Report the results of the Levene test and interpret it.
- Summarize whether or not the assumptions of the t test are met.
Step 3: Write Section 3 of the DAA
- Specify a research question related to gender and gpa.
- Articulate the null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis.
- Specify the alpha level.
Step 4: Write Section 4 of the DAA
- Paste the SPSS output of the t test.
- Report the results of the SPSS output using proper APA guidelines (refer to the "Results" example of the Warner text in Chapter 5).
- Degrees of freedom.
- t value.
- p value.
- Effect size.
- Interpretation of effect size.
- Means and standard deviations for each group.
- Mean difference.
- 95% confidence interval of the difference of sample means.
- Interpret the results against the null hypothesis.
Step 5: Write Section 5 of the DAA
- Discuss the implications of this t test as it relates to the research question.
- Conclude with an analysis of the strengths and limitations of t test analysis
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||08/16/2015 12:00 am