The project is 2-4 pages...
Example Prompt: Students are required to create a product/service for a certain segment of the population (audience). Â For example, the audience is North Americans, working class, possibly college students, who are relatively mobile, and are between the ages of 20-30 (age ranges can vary, as well as other variables such as race, gender, or income). The population the product or service is designed for will meet their everyday needs of eating, food, or cooking (once again, these are examples).
Other examples could include:
- meeting everyday needs of driving, transportation, and parking.
- meeting everyday needs of education, attending classes, and paying for college.
- meeting everyday needs of housing, renting, or looking for a place to live.
Also, students may determine their own target population as well as the demographics.
Step 1: Think up a product or service that addresses the audience described in the example prompt above.Â NOTE: It can also be a business, service or product that already exists but could be improved upon.
Important question to consider for this step:
- What kind of research will need to be done in order to understand the population or target audience?
Step 2: Create an advertisement for the product or service.
Important questions to consider while creating the advertisement and / or commercial:
- What kind of research needs to be done in order to create the advertisement and / or commercial?
- How will language and visuals be used in design of the advertisement for the product and / or service?
- How are images and words used to convince or persuade the audience to buy the product/service?
- How does the format or genre, such as a magazine advertisement, website, commercial, best sell or promote the product or service?
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||08/11/2015 11:59 pm