Personal Leadership Theory
Complete the leadership inventory titled, Statements Describing Leaders and Leadership on pp. 416-417 in Figure A.3 OR find one or two inspiring quotes on leadership to help you develop your own personal leadership theory.
- Answer the question: What is your personal leadership theory?
- Compare your leadership theory with the topics discussed in Chapter 7 in the course textbook or with an article related to leadership from the online library.
- Evaluate how your personal leadership theory upholds ethical principles.
Your response should be at least 200 words in length. Support your ideas with content from the textbook or other credible source. Use APA style citations to show paraphrased or quoted content to support your ideas/viewpoint that corresponds to an APA style reference.
Analyze an effective or ineffective leader within an organization by answering the following questions:
- Would you classify this person as a leader or manager? Why?
- Identify constructive or destructive communication behaviors this person exhibits.
- Describe the style approach used by this person: autocratic, democratic, laissez-fair, or impoverished management? Explain your observation.
- Classify the power base(s) used by this person: legitimate, reward, coercive, referent, expert, or connection. Give examples.
- Does this leader uphold ethical principles? Explain.
- What have you learned from observing this person?
- How can you apply your observations to make you a better leader?
Your response should be at least 200 words in length. Support your ideas with content from the textbook or other credible source. Use APA style citations to show paraphrased or quoted content to support your ideas that corresponds to an APA style reference.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||08/18/2015 12:00 am