Chapter 12 Reading Assignment
TEXTBOOK: Zumdahl, S. Z., & Zumdahl, S. A. (2013). Chemistry. (9th Ed.). Pacific Grove, CA: Brooks /Cole Cengage Learning. ISBN-13: 9781285997223.
Directions: Complete the indicated problems below and those from the textbook. Each question is worth 0.625 for a total of 5 points. You can submit your answers in class or in the assignment’s dropbox on LoudCloud.
Problems from the Textbook
p.591-592, Review Questions:
7a-d (0.156 points each)
9 (0.125 points each)
11(first two questions only, 0.208 points each)
1. (0.625 points) True or False The definition of half-life is the time it takes for half of one reactant to
2. (0.625 points) The rate determining step in a reaction mechanism is the ___ (slow/fast) step.
3. (0.625 points) For the rate equation: r = k [A]2 [B]2, if the reaction is second order in A and second order in
B, the rate law would be _____ order overall.
4. (0.625 points) For the reaction: 2N2O5(g) → 4NO2(g) + O2(g) at the time when N2O5 is being consumed at
a rate of -1.2 × 10-4 M/s, what is the rate at which O2 is being formed?
5. (0.208 points ea) Compare the differential rate law and the integrated rate law.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||08/30/2015 11:59 pm