The outline and content of the paper and presentation should include the following:
- Review the relevant theory of the New Sciences to leadership. As a team, deliberate on the theory to write about and present to the audience. Make judgment calls on the needs of the audience, the setting, and what theory seems appropriate, giving the reasons for the theory presented by the team. The important part of the challenge for the presentation is to provide a powerful metaphor to help the conference audience understand and remember the relevant theory. Examples of graphic metaphors include the Cashman textbook use of the circle diagram of mastery topics and the comparison of fractals to broccoli shape as an example of self-referencing. The team is expected to invent its own unique metaphor to explain the theory you select to present. Note: The definition of metaphor is using a graphic or verbal image of something familiar to the audience to explain an unfamiliar thing or process.
- Teamwork interview summary findings. Present summary findings from your interviews, using the best stories and quotes from all your interviews to illustrate general themes that support your theory discussion. Synthesize what seemed to be best practices at this (or these) level(s) of leadership.
- Recommendations for enhancing leadership mastery at your chosen level of leadership. Provide the recommendations from your committee in a way that is practical, justified, memorable, and actionable for your audience of professionals at the conference. Remember to include some of your best quotes and stories and show how your recommendations help leaders develop. Include models that illustrate the conditions that help leaders grow. You may choose to draw upon the appreciative inquiry stories that you worked on as individuals in a previous unit.
- Common themes for a twenty-first century professional. In a separate section, discuss how The New Business Realities and The Thinking Habits of Mind, Heart and Imagination are reflected in the leadership interview findings. Select two Business Realities and two of The Thinking Habits of Mind, Heart and Imagination to discuss.
- Reflections on Team Process. Include a thoughtful discussion and evaluation of the experience of working on this leadership committee. Discuss the best and most affirming aspects of the teamwork experience and what conditions supported these experiences. Discuss the unexpected surprises that occurred and what the committee learned from them.
- Resources. To learn more, include a resources section containing a selection of information and knowledge resources (books, article, Web pages, and organizations) that are the most important resources the committee recommends to leaders in the twenty-first century
I will send out papers after I submit this
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||09/02/2015 06:00 pm