Please submit your responses to each of the following questions, in order, in MSWord. Double space your submission and put your name on a header in the upper right corner of the paper. Each questions must have 500 work count and written in graduate work standard. While I understand that it may be difficult to articulate a point better than, or differently than, the authors, make an effort to show that you have actually thought about what was written and how and why it answers the questions. For full credit, you must use examples for outside of the textbook to illustrate the concepts.
- Under what sorts of circumstances are mergers with or acquisitions of other companies a better solution than entering into partnerships or alliances with these companies? How do mergers and/or acquisitions contribute to enhancing a company's position?
- What are the strategic advantages and disadvantages of a backward vertical integration strategy?
- What are the merits of outsourcing the performance of certain value chain activities as opposed to performing them in-house? Under what circumstances does outsourcing make good strategic sense?
- Identify and briefly explain 5 types of offensive strategies.
- What is a blue ocean strategy and what is its appeal?
- What is the purpose of defensive strategy? Give at least four examples of defensive moves.
- Under what circumstances might a company be ill-advised to aggressively promote sales of its product(s) at its web site?
- What are the strategic advantages of being a first-mover? What are the strategic advantages of being a follower or "late mover"?
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||09/06/2015 11:00 pm