NO APA format, short essay questions 150-200 words per question
All answers should be in a short essay format. Expound on all topics, at minimum 150-200 words (so list, describe, define, and analyze the question). If more discussion is needed, greater than the word count, then do not worry about going over.
Citations and references are unnecessary as students shall paraphrase all information (NO COPY AND PASTING! Any copy and pasting found receives a zero on the questions).
1. Define the four components of the population size equation. What factor do you think is most responsible for the current trends in the change in population? Provide two specific reasons why determining the Earth's carrying capacity is difficult.
2. Describe two specific ways to conserve the water that is used for agriculture.
3. Explain the difference between renewable resources and non-renewable resources. List and describe at least two examples of each type of resources.
4. Explain three ways in which natural gas is useful. What is the main challenge of using natural gas?
5. Explain the concept of environmental justice. Give at least two concrete examples of problems related to environmental justice.
6. Explain four environmental disadvantages of urbanization. How does urbanization impact ecosystem structure and function?
7. Why is dispersal not a solution to overpopulation? What is the relationship between total fertility rate (TFR) and education?
8. List and describe three specific accomplishments of environmental legislation.
9. What is the most memorable or interesting piece of information you learned in this class? (Note that you must give a specific example in order to earn credit for this question.)
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||09/13/2015 12:00 am