For this project, you will write a Java program that allows the user to select an animal from a menu and then display information about the animal.
- Create a new project in your IDE named "AnimalInfo."
- Create a class called "AnimalInfo" as the main class for the program.
- Create a class called "Animal" with a virtual method displayInfo().
- Create 3 classes inherited from Animal (one for each of your animals). Each of the inherited classes should override Animal.displayInfo() to display information about the animal. The information should just be a short description of the animal displayed to the screen.
- In the AnimalInfo.main() method, display a menu allowing the user to choose 1 of 3 animals or quit the program. The menu should accept input from the user and take the appropriate action and then repeat until the user selects the option to quit. Hint: Simple menus are easiest to implement if the user selects a letter or number for each menu item.
- When the user selects an animal, use the displayInfo() method of the appropriate class to display information about the selected animal.
- Use comments throughout your code demonstrating your understanding of each statement of code.
- Make sure the program runs correctly before submission.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||09/22/2015 08:00 pm