New Content: System Implementation and Maintenance
The Verbania project is nearing completion. The solution is nearly ready for implementation. As a highly valued member of the team, you alone have been selected to develop the implementation plan. This implementation plan must identify what will be addressed regarding maintenance. Your final task is to create an Executive Summary, implementation plan (plus training) and set of maintenance tasks.
Implementation and Maintenance Framework (2–3 pages)
- List system implementation milestones that Verbania can expect for this project.
- Provide user training needs and specific training information.
- List the required maintenance routines or security measures that will ensure the long term success of the solution.
Executive Summary (1–2 pages)
- Compose a high-level summary of the Systems Implementation Plan that you are presenting to Verbania. The purpose of this section is to provide your client with an easy-to-read description of the project, describing what it will mean for the company.
Total Insights from Capstone Experience (1-2 pages)
- Describe how the team successfully collaborated to develop a cohesive and comprehensive solution.
- Identify the best practices, techniques, and technologies employed throughout the process.
- Specify benefits to Verbania resulting from this solution.
- Discuss your areas of strengths while contributing to this project.
- Summarize areas of growth uncovered during this capstone project.
Submit the final version of your Systems Implementation Plan to your instructor.
This assignment will also be assessed using additional criteria provided here.
Please submit your assignment.
The actual scenario is the following:
A former dot com company, Verbania, Inc., shut down in 2001 because of the Internet bubble burst. It is attempting to reinvent and launch itself once again. It is looking for a complete information technology (IT) solution that includes hardware, software, networking, and security, among other requirements. Verbania’s core product will be a social networking Web site and mobile application that rivals the big names that currently represent social media. It is attempting to find the best features and consolidate them into its product. The company is looking to establish its headquarters in the Silicon Valley region in California. The executives at Verbania are looking for your company to propose a solution that will endure future Internet trends.
The basic user requirements for the social networking solution must include but are not limited to the following:
- Creating an account and a profile
- Creating discussion forums and posting
- Search capability for people
- Gaming component
- Calendar component for reminders
- Instant messaging and Voice Over Internet protocol (VOIP)-type calling between friends
- Secure account and email feature
- Availability seven days a week
The basic company requirements for the social networking solution must include but are not limited to the following:
- Collect, store, back up, and mine user data to better understand users.
- Integrate collected data with customer relationship management (CRM) to improve business and customer support processes.
- Analyze user patterns, behavior, and generated traffic to present to advertisers.
Requested functionality for the social networking application includes the following:
- Account setup and log-in functionality
- Creating a profile
- Adding or removing friends
- Posting to a discussion area
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||09/25/2015 05:00 pm