Performance Appraisal Assignment
Much research has been conducted on the effectiveness of the evaluation process that many employers use. This is an especially interesting topic because in many instances an employee’s performance evaluation is linked to pay raises, promotions, demotions, etc. For instance, some of you may have a performance evaluation only once a year (if at all) and there is limited information presented on your professional strengths and weaknesses.
Review Chapter 11 in the text. Select one of the Performance Appraisal Methods listed in the chapter and conduct scholarly research on the method of your choosing. Using the library databases, find peer-reviewed articles that present information on the performance appraisal method you choose as sources for this paper.
The written component of this assignment should be a minimum of 6 full pages (not including the the title and reference pages) and be cited and formatted according to APA Style (see the APA resources included in the Resources Page). Note that I will deduct points for not meeting the page requirement.
· The paper must be written in third person.
· When writing the paper, please remember that direct quotes are NOT permitted.
· The paper should have one-inch margins all the way around.
· Be sure to include page numbers and the appropriate heading in the header of the document.
· Twelve point, Times New Roman font is required
· The textbook may not be used as a source for this assignment
· Carefully review your paper for spelling, grammatical, and writing style errors. See the “Grammar Tips Handout” in the Course Resources section on the course homepage. I will deduct points for using contractions (e.g. isn’t, wasn’t, can’t, etc.), a scholarly written paper “reads” nicer without them and your professor does not want you to use them.
Performance Appraisal Methods listed in chapter 11
· Management by objectives
· Multi-rater assessment
· Grafic rating scale
· Behaviorally anchored rating scale
· Critical-incident appraisal
· Essay appraisal
· Forced-choice rating
· Ranking methods
· Work standards approach
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||09/25/2015 12:00 am