Paper #1 Due: 09-29-2015 in class and in Safe Assign Box. Please write 3-4 pages of analysis on any ONE film that we have watched in class. NO SUMMARY of the film is needed (or wanted). We want your analysis of the film on two to three issues relating to planning, design, environment, culture, and/or society. Be sure to write a very succinct paper with intro, body, and conclusion. Spend time checking grammar, punctuation, run-on sentences, incomplete sentences, and spelling (see writing guidelines document in "course documents"). Please put your name on the paper and staple it. Here's a paper structure hint that you may find helpful:
1. Think of a position on a major planning or related issue you would like to analyze for the movie.
2. Think of 2-4 statements/planning issues that support your position.
3. In your intro paragraph, clearly state your position (identified in #1) and briefly mention your supporting statements (#2).
4. Each paragraph after your intro should be dedicated to explaining ONE of your supporting statements. You may use specific examples from the movie to provide further support and evidence.
5. Write a concluding paragraph that essentially wraps up your position, and ideally provides sheds sort of new light based on the arguments provided in the body of the paper.
Email the TAs with any questions.
The movie is:
Boys N the Hood
There are several planning or related issues to look for.
1) Urban Neighborhood
2) Youth Environment
3) Importance of Education
4) Built Environment
6) Importance of role model or friendship in urban slums
7) Gun violence
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||09/29/2015 09:00 am