Please see attached project. The due Date will be October 8. It has to be minimum 6 pages and single spaces. I will list the questions that need to be answered. There is a case study that you have to read and the questions are based off of that. The case study is attached to this bid.
Final Project: Applying the P-O-L-C (Week 8)
Students will read the case study that focuses on the four functions of management: planning, organizing, leading and controlling (P-O-L-C). You have been hired as a consultant to help Mike Davis and his family to solve the problems with his business. You will create a consultancy plan that covers the four functions of management. In creating the management plan, you must also demonstrate how the four functions of management are interrelated showing how issues in one function impact other functions.
In speaking with Mike, Ethan and Daisy, you already know the following about the business owners:
failed to develop or share a mission statement;
- failed to determine the best way to organize resources, including personnel;
- underestimates the importance of recruitment, job design and descriptions, and training;
- assumed that motivation will occur naturally;
- fails to define standards and other measurable outcomes;
- ignored negative information;
- delayed actions to improve organizational outcomes.
Required Elements of the Consultancy Report:
Students will create a consultancy plan that helps Mike, Ethan and Daisy run the business, both day-to-day and over the long term (strategically). Be succinct in your writing but persuasive so that the recommendations will have positive outcomes for the business.
Students are not using buzz-word and are not defining terms using a dictionary. Students are expected to present the material in a professional manner describing and explaining to the owners. As a consultant, you should be secure in your presentation to Mike, Ethan and Daisy.. Avoid telling the owners that they should do this or must do that but write in an action-oriented manner. Students are expected to make connections between the facts of the case study and concepts, theories, and ideas presented in the course material.
In creating the consultancy report, students will first assess the business and identify specific areas of strengths and weaknesses of the business as it relates to the components of the P-O-L-C. In completing this section, do not create a heading for each element of the P-O-L-C but write from the perspective of the consultant discussing the strengths and weaknesses of the business;
- Select a management style (class hierarchy, democratic hierarchy, collaborative management or collective management) and explain why the selected model is most appropriate for Outdoor Adventure Paintball Park;
- Develop roles and responsibility of the owners and employees (Be creative in completing this task);
- Discuss why these positions are necessary to the business;
- Make specific recommendations for improving the management of Outdoor Adventure Paintball Park. Cover all aspects of the P-O-L-C. This area of the paper specifically addresses the areas of strengths and weaknesses identified above and puts in place a plan for the short and long –term success of the business;
- Create a balanced scorecard that will help Outdoor Adventure Paintball Park align its business activities to the vision and strategy of the organization, improves communication and monitors performance against goals;
- Students are expected to show what they have learned in the course by applying theories and concepts. Be sure to support your reasoning.
Required Formatting of Consultancy Report:
- The consultancy report should be single-spaced, 12-point font, and between 6-8 pages in length excluding the title page and reference page;
- Title page with your name, the course name, the date, and the instructor’s name;
- An introductory paragraph, a summary paragraph and the use of headings are required;
- Use the course material to support your reasoning. Outside resources may be used but the majority of the support will come from the course readings with a wide array of readings used;
- Writing is expected to be clear and concise;
- Use APA formatting for in-text citations and reference page. You are expected to paraphrase and not use direct quotes;
- Write in the third person;
- Submit paper in the Assignment Folder.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||10/09/2015 12:00 am