Provide a bid strategy using the same firm and scenario from the first assignment.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Davis Forestry Company is a service disabled veteran company. The Line of business (LOB) is a term used to describe particular products that serve as a customer transaction services or a certain business need. Davis forestry line of business is the clearance of vegetation, and we have specialized in overhead utility power line clearance for all voltages. Davis forestry has well-trained personnel with necessary standards to carry out the work. There is more than 100 personnel, and they all can carry out works like wood chipper operation, NPTC qualifications, they also do treetop rescue, aerial platform operation. There are also experienced surveyors, senior authorized personnel for shut down operations, administration personnel, accountants and data management staff. All of the staff are trained in health and safety.
Landscape services-National weather service’s Peachtree City GA is a federal opportunity, which was posted on July 01, 2015. It is located Western Acquisition- Division-Boulder under the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
Davis Forestry ambitions or strategies are business integrity, social responsibility, Innovation, protection of the environment, health and safety and business growth. The company has a motto of Excellence through innovation (Franklin,2009).
Soft indicators use to check on the progress rather than starting securing a job. The reason behind Monitoring and evaluating projects is to reduce work-less-ness. They gather information about the soft outcomes. They then cover information about the distance covered towards employability. The importance of soft indicators is that;
- They can give a true or a rounded picture of the real success of projects. This will help it demonstrate to funders or a potential funder.
- They also give a better picture of clients. This is to show their distance towards employability.
- Employers value these soft skills in clients. Also, this will help them boost their confidence.
The soft indicators in the company are motivation and feeling responsible, confidence and self-esteem, recognition of prior skills, health, and fitness, concentration and engagement, rights and responsibilities. Others are for the core work skills that are communication, interpersonal skills, problem-solving, verbal and numerical reasoning, planning, and prioritizing.
SWOT analysis enables firms and organizations to identify both internal and external influences. It identifies the weakness, opportunity and threats (Kumar, 2010)
Strength is something that helps an activity to succeed. A positive condition works in the favor of the activity
A weakness is the opposite of the strength. It has a negative impact on activity.
An opportunity is innovative that makes an activity more successful.
A threat is something that harms or reduces chances of success in activities. They may be external or internal.
- Availability of resources
- Availability of qualified personnel
- Community support
- Government support - - Support from investors
- Economic stability
- Improvement of indigenous knowledge systems and technology
- Improvement of forestry education
- Supportive government
- Good leadership
- Good infrastructure Weakness Threat
- Lack of enough finance and micro programs
- Community lacking information and education on what to do
- Uncertain and the complex government regulations
- Inadequate manpower - Adverse political intervention
- There is possible failure in implementation of contracted rules or promised activities
- Mismanagement of funds
- Lack of long term plans by the government
- Lack of resources in the company
- Corruption in bidding of works (Kumar, 2010)
Gap analysis is a tool used in identifying gaps in conservation lands. (protected areas and nature reserves)
The principles of gap analysis are redundancy, resilience,
The following are steps of gap analysis:
- Identify focal biodiversity and setting key targets
- Evaluating the map occurrence and status bio-density.
- Analyzing and Mapping the occurrence and of protected areas.
- Use the information to identifying gaps.
- Prioritize gaps to be filled.
- Take action.
Franklin, M. (2009). Performance gap analysis: Human performance improvement. Alexandria, VA: ASTD Press.
Kumar, S. A. (2010). Entrepreneurship development. New Delhi: New Age International.
|Due By (Pacific Time)||10/29/2015 12:00 pm|
out of 1971 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 1164 reviews
out of 721 reviews
out of 1600 reviews
out of 770 reviews
out of 766 reviews
out of 680 reviews