Objective: The purpose of this assignment is to verify that you can perform basic tasks using a general purpose programmable device (also known as a computer). Use a computer to input data, manipulate data using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software, and create appropriate information output for a defined problem.
- You will create a small slide presentation, the formatting to include slide layout, font styles and sizing, line spacing and header/footer; insert appropriate clip art as directed and animate slide content.
- You will create a small and well formatted Word document consisting of a header, body, footer and references.
- You will create a spreadsheet and link it to the Word document.
- You will import data from the spreadsheet into the Access database and create queries to extract meaningful information.
- Prepare a list of your 20 favorite movies in a spreadsheet processor. Include the title, director, release year, rating (0-100), primary genre, budget and runtime of the movie. Build a chart with movie titles as an X axis and budget as a Y axis. Save this file as CS102_Project_YourUserName.xlsx
- Create a text document with a short description of your favorite movie. Insert (link or embed) a previously created table and a chart into your document. If necessary, change page orientation to Landscape Add your name to the header of the document. Save this file as CS102_Project_YourUserName.docx
- Create a presentation about the cast of your favorite movie. Your presentation must have at least three slides with different layouts (Title, Title and content, Two-content layout). Add slide numbers and your name to all slides, except title slide. Insert a previously created table into the content section of the “Title and content” slide. Add a clip art or an image to one panel of a two-content slide and a list of actors to another. Add animation effect to items of your list and transition effect(s) to the whole presentation. Apply a theme of your choice to the whole presentation. Save this file as CS102_Project_YourUserName.pptx
- Create a database with one table and add fields Title, Director, Year, Rating, Genre, Budget and Runtime to it. Change data types of the fields in the following way: Title, Director, and Genre must be of type Text; Year, Rating, and Runtime must be of type Number; Budget is Accounting. Import data from the previously created spreadsheet and append records to the table. Add another field (calculated Yes/No), and name it Classic. The value in this field must become true (yes), if a movie was released prior to the year of your birth. Create a simple query that returns a title, genre, and runtime of all movies shorter than 140 minutes. Save this file as CS102_Project_YourUserName.accdb
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||10/16/2015 12:00 am