To prepare for the Final Project, you will do the following:
- Read, review, and choose essays from the Muller text that analyze a global issue from multiple perspectives. The essay choices will be divided as follows:
- Two essays that address the same issue from two different perspectives (Week 2 Final Project Milestone).
- Two essays that represent your thinking on your chosen global issue (Week 3 Final Project Milestone).
- Two essays from outside sources that represent your global issue from different perspectives (Week 4 Final Project Milestone).
- Write a 4- to 5-page first-person narrative essay modeled on the essays featured in the Muller text. Organize your essay as described below:
In the Introduction:
- Provide your concept of the meaning of globalization from before you began this course.
- Provide your current definition of globalization and your definition of what qualifies as a “global issue.”
- State the global issue you have chosen and why you chose that particular issue.
In the Main Body:
- Analyze each essay that you read by detailing how the perspective offered by each changed or affected your thinking about your chosen global issue.
In the Conclusion:
- Describe how your reading and writing during this course helped you to see how your particular issue might be connected to the concerns of your classmates. How might this awareness change your future behaviors?
- Read as many essays from different sections of the assigned text as you are able.
- Choose any two essays that seem to address the same issue—but from two different perspectives.
2 to 3 paragraphs in which you:
- Compare and contrast these two essays by answering the following questions:
- Which two articles have you chosen to compare and contrast?
- What global issue do you feel these two articles address?
- From what perspectives do these two articles approach the issue (economics, social, cultural, historical, political)?
- In what ways are these articles different?
- In what ways are these articles the same?
- Read as many articles in the text as you are able. Think about the issues they discuss.
- Choose the one global issue that interests you the most.
- Choose two articles from the text that represent your thinking on this issue.
- Write two paragraphs that do the following:
- Reveal the global issue you have chosen for your focus.
- State why you chose to focus on this particular issue
- Identify two articles within the text that have contributed to your thinking about this issue.
- Reread your Final Project Milestone entries from Weeks 2 and 3.
- Review the essays from the Muller text that inspired your thinking on your chosen topic.
- Conduct research to find two outside sources that address your global issue from different perspectives.
- Write 2 to 3 paragraphs in which you:
- Identify two additional articles from outside sources that discuss your global issue from a perspective different than the two articles that you wrote about in Week 3.
- For each new article, describe the perspectives on your global issue that the articles reflect (e.g., economics, social, cultural, historical, political)
For all examples, record in your assignment information about each source, including author, year, page number, and publication title
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||10/25/2015 04:00 pm