Graph each quadratic function, and state its domain and range.
Intructions for assignment:
- First, you need to graph your functions so you can clearly describe the graphs in your discussion. Your graph itself is not required in your post, although the discussion of the graph is required. Make sure you have at least five points for each equation to graph. Show all math work for finding the points.
- Specifically mention any key points on the graphs, including intercepts, vertex, or start/end points. (Points with decimal values need not be listed, as they might be found in a square root function. Stick to integer value points.)
- Discuss the general shape and location of each of your graphs.
- State the domain and range for each of your equations. Write them in interval notation.
- State whether each of the equations is a function or not giving your reasons for the answer.
- Select one of your graphs and assume it has been shifted three units upward and four units to the left. Discuss how this transformation affects the equation by rewriting the equation to incorporate those numbers.
- Incorporate the following five math vocabulary words into your discussion. Use bold font to emphasize the words in your writing (Do not write definitions for the words; use them appropriately in sentences describing the thought behind your math work.):
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||07/11/2013 09:20 pm