Assignment 1: Value-Added Selling
Due Week 4 and worth 250 points
Imagine that you are a salesperson for a dealership that sells new automobiles. Select any make and model of motorcycle, automobile, pickup truck, or SUV for this assignment. In this assignment, you will develop a sales script for selling a new vehicle of your choice.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Determine the profile of a typical customer for the selected make and model of car.
- Provide a demographic description of the typical customer: income, family life stage, occupation, and education.
- Develop a short sales script based on the consultative presentation approach for an encounter with the customer.
- Provide a list of questions to ask a potential customer about the reasons and needs for a new vehicle. Support the reasoning.
- Determine how to evaluate and apply a potential customer’s answers to the questions in order to find a vehicle that matches the customer’s needs and desires.
- Evaluate the importance of finding a vehicle that fits the customer’s needs as part of a strategy to build a long-term partnership with the customer, thus ensuring his or her return to purchase another vehicle.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the concept of value-added selling and the significance of customer relationships.
- Summarize the ethical considerations in personal selling and approaches to maintaining appropriate ethical standards in sales operations.
- Integrate the concepts of personal selling into viable sales strategies that address customer relations and the considerations for product selection and positioning, responsiveness to customer needs, and sales presentation.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in advertising and sales management.
- Write clearly and concisely about advertising and sales management using proper writing mechanics.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||10/31/2015 10:00 pm