1. WRITE YOUR OWN 750-word CAUSE/EFFECT ESSAY.
2. Outline must be included and no sources are allowed.
THIS IS THE FIRST ESSAY THAT WILL NOT BE WRITTEN IN FIRST OR SECOND PERSON. Check the course calendar for this assignment's specific due date.
Post a 2 1/2 page draft (about 750 words, excluding the articles "the," "a," and "an") using causes, effects, or both, as explained in the reading assignments. Follow the format requirements for MLA as listed in the Syllabus and in your grammar handbook. An outline must precede the essay. Save your draft of the Cause/Effect Essay (including the outline) in one complete file named “yourlastnameCEDraft” and post it to the Board.
For topics for Cause/Effect, check out the list at the end of the chapter under Additional Writing Topics. Avoid #2. You may also think about topics 2, 4, or 5 under Assignments Using Visuals (without the visuals, that is). Choose one or e-mail me ASAP if you have a topic of your own that you would prefer to write about.
Causes of the popularity of reality TV shows, schools offering more online courses, American’s fascination with tabloids
Effects of taking an online course, using credit cards, popularity of reality TV shows, growing up in a military family
- Brainstorm for topics. Submit your intended topic to me for approval.
- Choose one topic and organize either several possible causes of or effects of that topic.
- Make sure that your logic is not faulty in deciding what is a cause or an effect of your topic.
- Organize! Create an outline BEFORE writing the paper; remember that an outline is due with each essay.
- Don't forget your So-What Conclusion.
- Check the Syllabus’ Course Calendar for due dates.
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||11/06/2015 12:00 am