Problem and Solution Essay
You will write a 2-page essay in which you describe a problem, propose a possible solution to that problem, identify one weakness of your solution in a separate paragraph, and conclude your essay. You will follow the organization we have discussed in class and analyzed in the sample essays and our textbook.
- You must have an effective introduction that gains the readers' interest
- You must use topic sentences and your paragraphs must be well organized
- Transitions between ideas to show similarities and differences must be used regularly
- All previous essay grammar requirements are also required on this essay
- 2-3 academic revisions of phrasal verbs must be used in your essay
- You must now use articles correctly in your essays as well as participial adjectives
- The use of sources is not required in Essay 3
- Your introduction should describe what caused the problem (using cause and effect vocabulary), use a hook to gain our interest, and describe the solution to the problem (one point thesis statement)
- The second paragraph should describe one solution each and how they will work to solve the problem discussed in the introduction
- In the third paragraph you will admit that there is at least one limitation to your solution and describe why it is a limitation
- In your concluding paragraph, you will restate your thesis and remind us of the importance of solving this problem.
- Must be 2 double-spaced pages in length (3 pages at most)
- Must be double-spaced and in MLA format with 12pt Times New Roman font
- You must turn in the assignment to the instructor by the due date, or you will receive a zero
If you have questions I'm always available. You can use the class website to email me or stop by my office during my scheduled office hours. If that time does not work for you, email me to make an appointment. Get the assistance you need to do your best work!
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||11/08/2015 12:00 am