Project #93025 - Poisson distribution Probability problem...hard!! help please

 

  1. Matt Damon is trapped on Mars. Every month, he plants potato crops to grow food. Due to genetic variability, every crop planted is either of gene type A or B, and every month there is a 90% chance of the crop being type A and 10% chance of being B. Crops yield a Poisson distributed number of potatoes with mean 15 for type A, and 10 for type B.

    (a) Find the expected number of potatoes grown in any given month.

  2. (b)  Find the pmf for T, the potato yield for a given month.

  3. (c)  Mr. Damon won’t survive the month if 7 or fewer potatoes are grown, find the proba-

    bility of this unfortunate event. Give a decimal approximation of your answer.

  4. (d)  If M is the month number on which the hero starves, find the distribution of M and its expected value. State your assumptions. 

Subject Mathematics
Due By (Pacific Time) 11/12/2015 10:00 am
Report DMCA
TutorRating
pallavi

Chat Now!

out of 1971 reviews
More..
amosmm

Chat Now!

out of 766 reviews
More..
PhyzKyd

Chat Now!

out of 1164 reviews
More..
rajdeep77

Chat Now!

out of 721 reviews
More..
sctys

Chat Now!

out of 1600 reviews
More..
sharadgreen

Chat Now!

out of 770 reviews
More..
topnotcher

Chat Now!

out of 766 reviews
More..
XXXIAO

Chat Now!

out of 680 reviews
More..
All Rights Reserved. Copyright by AceMyHW.com - Copyright Policy