The practice of health care providers at all levels brings you into contact with people from a variety of faiths. This calls for knowledge and acceptance of a diversity of faith expressions.
The purpose of this paper is to complete a comparative analysis of two faith philosophies towards providing health care, one being the Christian perspective. For the second faith, choose a faith that is unfamiliar to you. Examples of faiths to choose from: Sikh, Baha'i, Buddhism, Shintoism, etc.
In a minimum of 1,500-2,000 words, provide a comparative analysis of the different belief systems, reinforcing major themes with insights gained from your research.
In your comparative analysis, address all of the worldview questions:
- What is prime reality?
- What is the nature of the world around us?
- What is a human being?
- What happens to a person at death?
- Why is it possible to know anything at all?
- How do we know what is right or wrong?
- What is the meaning of human history?
In addition answer the following questions that address the practical and healthcare implications based on the research:
- What are critical common components to all religions/beliefs in regards to healing, such as prayer, meditation, belief, etc.? Explain.
- What is important to patients of the faiths when cared for by health care providers whose spiritual beliefs differ from their own?
Above is the original assignment. This will be a revision of my 1st draft paper. The instructor has included notes indicating what needs to be added into the essay. He has included two references as well to correct the information about Buddahism.
* Reference for introduction
* Critical common components to all religions/beliefs in regards to healing, such as prayer, meditation, belief, etc.? Explain
*Stronger conclusion (In your conclusion, describe your own spiritual perspective on healing, what you have learned from the research and how this learning can be applied to a health care provider)
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||11/15/2015 08:00 pm