The word “lean” is a synonym for “slender,” but it also refers to an approach to increasing productivity and efficiency in business. For this Project, you will apply the concepts of lean production to a wasteful or inefficient work or personal situation and write up a case study summarizing what you learned.
To prepare for your case study:
- Read or listen to the Aldi case study.
- Make sure you understand the concept of lean production and the following approaches to lean production:
- Cell production
- Just in time
- Kaizen (continuous improvement) and Total Quality Management (TQM)
To write your case study:
- Choose a work or personal situation that wastes time, money or other resources. Analyze the situation. How is it wasteful? What is causing the waste to occur?
- Determine which of the three approaches to lean production is most applicable to your situation.
- Write your case study, making sure it explains each of the following:
- The wasteful situation you have chosen, how it is wasteful, and what causes it to be wasteful.
- The 3 different approaches to lean production. Explain them in your own words, and in plain, simple language (no jargon).
- The lean production approach that is most applicable to your situation and why.
- How you would apply the basic principles of this approach to your situation and how you think it would address the waste problem.
(link is for the Aldi case study)
IF YOU ARE AWARDED THE PROJECT PLEASE READ DETAILS CAREFULLY. THIS IS THE THIRD TIME I'VE SUBMITTED THIS BECAUSE THE FIRST TWO WERE NOT DONE TO COMPLETION. THANK YOU
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||11/22/2015 12:00 am