Response Essay with a Source
You will write a 2-page essay in which you give your response to the article, "The Natural Way to Calm Down," by Emily Main. You will paraphrase, summarize, and quote the author of this article in your response in MLA format as we have discussed in class. Your response paper should be persuasive as you argue why you agree or disagree with the author.
- You must use all previous requirements from Essay 1, Essay 2, and Essay 3.
- You must use at least 1 direct quotation in MLA format where you quote what Emily Main says word for word.
- You must summarize the main point of the article successfully and say if you agree or disagree.
- You will be able to choose if you want audio, video, or written feedback on this assignment. There will be a sign-up sheet in class.
- Your introduction should provide a very brief summary of the entire article (X argues that ___) and end with a thesis statement that states your reaction and list two things the authors said that you either agree with or disagree with.
- Your body paragraph (three of them) will each explain one of the reasons why you agree or disagree
- If you agree with something, for example, you would have a topic sentence that states what you agree with and then explain why you agree with it in the paragraph—either citing or paraphrasing the author as you do this.
i. Example: The first reason I disagree with Main is because doing homework outside could actually cause people more stress.
- A high quality passing essay will attempt to use a quote in both body paragraphs.
- Finally, you will write a concluding paragraph that restates your thesis statement and reminds the reader why they should take your side.
- Must be 2 double-spaced pages in length (3 pages at most)
- Must be double-spaced and in MLA format with 12pt Times New Roman font
- You must email the assignment to the instructor by the due date, or you will receive a zero
If you have questions I'm always available. You can use the class website to email me or stop by my office during my scheduled office hours. If that time does not work for you, email me to make an appointment. Get the assistance you need to do your best work!
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||11/22/2015 12:00 am