Make a powerpoint presentation on Pro Juveniles Being Tried as Adults. The details of the asignment are below and also the question you must answer in the powerpoint.
These are the questions that be must answered. Everyone needs their own information. Everyone must do their own research and use cases and current laws to back their opinions up. The notes after each question is an idea of a picture to use to back your opinions up as another source of evidence. Anything you say in the presentation must be backed by evidence, laws, cases, or facts from reliable resources. I must receive every link you use and you must chose the pictures.
Cases are going within each subtopic as explanations, examples, and proofs as to why you believe a certain thing
1) How does a child’s brain development differ to that of an adults?
How can the formation process affect a child’s decision making abilities?
2) Should the child be held accountable to the decisions he/she makes as children if the brain is not fully formed?
3) Is it possible that as a child grows and its brain fully develops, these tendencies go away?
1) Are we glorifying murders to an extent that children begin to idolize them and wish to be like them?
Pictures of people currently in the news and within the past 3 years
2) Would it be more costly to have children in our jails instead of juvenile correction centers?
Information on costs for jails and other possibilities
3) Are crimes so normal in our society that children believe in their minds that it is no big deal to commit such heinous crimes?
Possible to mention how long news talk about certain crimes/ people
4) How are crimes committed by children currently being prosecuted?
Is there a fair way to treat all juvenile crimes in court or is the current way better?
1) How can we sentence children to life in prison?
Picture of child behind bars
Is it ethical for our jails to be full of minors?
2) Can we justify treating children as adults in certain situations and not in others?
|Due By (Pacific Time)
||11/29/2015 07:30 pm